Automatic Lighting System of Santa Maria Maggiore Church, Monte Sant’Angelo (FG)
Rebuilt in the 11th century by Leone Garganico, Archbishop of Siponto and Monte Sant’Angelo, the church is part of the San Pietro historical complex.
It is a Latin-plan basilica divided up into three naves with historiated column capitals decorated with ornamental motifs and grotesque figures.
The walls are decorated with Byzantine paintings depicting angels and saints and a fresco of St. Francis, one of Puglia’s oldest, a tribute to the saint’s visit to the Santuario di San Michele in 1216.
The purpose of this work was to renew the church’s lighting and integrate its light management system.
Thanks to careful management and supervision of the Digilux VM 3000 system, the new lighting installation is capable of adapting to the various moments of the day and to the religious calendar: mass, prayer wakes, tourist visits, etc.
The reduced size LED spotlights used in the new installation were positioned at the base of the capitals and have a total power of 7 to 12W with colour temperatures of 3000K.