VELE DI SANTA CHIARA

2012

Automatic and Accent Lighting System for the “Le vele di Santa Chiara” fresco cycle, Ravenna National Museum

The Le Vele di Santa Chiara fresco cycle painted in 1255 by the Giottesque School of Pietro da Rimini was removed from the apse in 1805 when the church was knocked down and placed in the Ravenna National Museum.

A lighting installation was created with a complex system of small 10 W 3000K LED profilers fitted with specific supports onto Vele’s support structure which is wholly managed and supervised by a VM Digilux 3000 management system.

Image Gallery